Q. How long does a Juniper Certification last before it must be renewed?
A. Three years
Q. Where can I find practice questions for my certification preparation?
A. Visit your phone / tablet App Store and download the Junos Genius app.
Q. How do I keep track of all my certifications?
A. Candidates can leverage existing certifications and knowledge to attain certifications across multiple tracks and platform families.
To track your certifications there are a number of options in platforms and tools to do this.
- Juniper learning portal
i. Login as “Customers, Partners and all other users”
i. Personal track of your current certifications and expiry dates
- Fusion by Vortex6 have a platform supporting multivendor tracking for large enterprise corporates and telcos; The growing list of vendors and their certifications – Microsoft, VMware, HP, Oracle, SAP, F5, Citrix, AWS.
Q. I need training to support my new network deployment. Certification is not my first priority what options are available to me?
A. Deciding on which course to attend is not easy. Crystal Echo www.crystalecho.com can provide you with customised training options that cover the specific technology relating to your hardware and software deployment. Full course materials can be provided enabling further personal study towards your desired certification.
The help us pull together a custom course, please provide us with the following…
- The product and model number that you plan to configure
- Any features / software licenses you plan to implement
- The timeframe in which you need these skills
- Any specific certification you will require, and
- The number of staff you need to have trained and whether they can all attend the training at the same time.
- This information will help us suggest the minimum number of courses you will need to attend, including the recommended flow. We can then either work with our existing schedule of dates or attempt to schedule more public dates to meet your requirements.
Don’t rule out requesting a customised course at our training facility or onsite, you could be surprised at the affordability and flexibility this option provides.
Q: Is the JNCIA-Junos certification required before JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-SP even if I have been working on Juniper devices for years?
A: Yes. The JNCIA-Junos certification is the pre-requisite certification for advancing up to the JNCIS-SP, JNCIS-ENT or JNCIS-SEC. The JNCIA-Junos credential indicates an individual’s knowledge and skills on base level Junos Operating System topics. If you don’t have your JNCIA-Junos, you can sit your JNCIS-ENT however it will not be valid until you have the JNCIA-Junos certification.
Q: How do I become JNCIP-SEC certified?
A: Begin by attending the 3-day IJOS course and pass your JNCIA-Junos exam. Attend the new 5-day JSEC course which will equip you with the knowledge to sit and pass the JNCIS-SEC level exam. Furthermore attendance of the 5-day AJSEC course will enable you to sit your JNCIP-SEC exam. You don’t have to pass the exams in any specific order however all exams must be valid for your JNCIP-SEC to be valid.
Q: How do I become JNCIE-SEC certified?
A: Before you can book your JNCIE-SEC you must have your JNCIP-SEC, without this you will be unable to book your 1-day practical exam.